top of page

Group

Public·78 members
Joseph Massey
Joseph Massey

Setup.exe

This topic describes how to install the App-V client by using the setup.exe program. When you install the App-V client using the setup.exe program, the installer determines which prerequisite software is needed and installs it automatically before it installs the client.

setup.exe

The following command-line example shows how setup.exe can be used with a number of optional parameters. For more information about these parameters, see Application Virtualization Client Installer Command-Line Parameters.

NOTE: The codeblocks-20.03-setup.exe file includes Code::Blocks with all plugins. The codeblocks-20.03-setup-nonadmin.exe file is provided for convenience to users that do not have administrator rights on their machine(s).

When I click on the HP icon on my desktop, a box pops up entitled "user account central, Device setup.exe" which is confusing because my printer recognizes the printer and the print jobs go to the print que but won't print. Is this an indicaator that I have to reinstall the printer. Please advise.

My problem is i can not open a downloaded setup.exe (neither setup-school.exe and setup-trial.exe). Also Help centre setup can not be opened. Problem isnt download issue or pc issue (every other instalation exe file works fine). So my question is Are there any other instalation options for student or how can i open it ?PS: administrator permissions are allowed

The genuine setup.exe file is a software component of (Multiple products) by (Multiple publishers)."Setup.exe" is an extremely popular, widely-used process name because almost every software product needs to install itself, whether from a disc or from downloaded files. Occasionally software publishers create unique variant names based upon "setup.exe", but many well-known publishers and products, including Google Chrome, Corel, the Microsoft .NET Framework, InstallShield, and Conexant use the basic name. Although Kaspersky has detected a threat called "not-a-virus:RiskTool.Win32.BitCoinMiner.lrc" using this name to disguise itself, and BitDefender has identified "Gen:Variant.Kazy.613303" and "Trojan.Generic.KDV.151955", it is difficult to generally call "setup.exe" a threat. Usually a harmless, genuine "setup.exe" process will have the name of the product it came from somewhere in the subfolder names in its installation path, such as "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab Setup Files\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2011 11.0.0.xxx\English". Usually it is not possible to uninstall a product's "setup.exe" file without uninstalling the entire product.

The .exe extension on a filename indicates an executable file. Executable files may, in some cases, harm your computer. Therefore, please read below to decide for yourself whether the setup.exe on your computer is a Trojan that you should remove, or whether it is a file belonging to the Windows operating system or to a trusted application.

Important: Some malware also uses the file name setup.exe, for example Trojan.Generic.KDV.457159 (detected by BitDefender), and Trojan.FakeAV or Trojan.Gen (detected by Symantec). Therefore, you should check the setup.exe process on your PC to see if it is a threat. We recommend Security Task Manager for verifying your computer's security. This was one of the Top Download Picks of The Washington Post and PC World.

Summary: Average user rating of setup.exe: based on 88 votes with 9 user comments.37 users think setup.exe is essential for Windows or an installed application.9 users think it's probably harmless.8 users think it's neither essential nor dangerous.7 users suspect danger.27 users think setup.exe is dangerous and recommend removing it.19 users don't grade setup.exe ("not sure about it").

To help you analyze the setup.exe process on your computer, the following programs have proven to be helpful: ASecurity Task Manager displays all running Windows tasks, including embedded hidden processes, such as keyboard and browser monitoring or Autostart entries. A unique security risk rating indicates the likelihood of the process being potential spyware, malware or a Trojan. BMalwarebytes Anti-Malware detects and removes sleeping spyware, adware, Trojans, keyloggers, malware and trackers from your hard drive.

Once the project is saved, your modified installer is ready for deployment. For example, you can simply runsetup.exe. The EXE reads the setup.ini file which contains references to your transform file (MST) and any needed updates. Alternatively, you can reference the MST from the command line.

You can get the detailed information about all setup.exe command-line options and their features for Windows 10 on the documentation page: -us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/windows-setup-command-line-options

For example, the setup.exe command has returned -1047526896. Copy and paste the decimal code to the calculator in the programmer mode. To get the hexadecimal error code, copy the value from the Hex box, remove all Fs in the beginning and add 0x instead. In my case, I have got 0xC1900210.

The /migratedrivers all parameter is used to force migrate all drivers. If the parameter is not set, the installer will itself make a decision on each driver individually.You can use other setup.exe options when upgrading Windows 10.

Starting from Windows 10 1607, you can set the installation parameters in the Setupconfig.ini file. This file must be placed in the folder with setup.exe and contain the text like this matching the command above:

Closer to setup.exe might be downloading a progam's source code from the project's homepage, then running ./configure && make && sudo make install, or whatever other method the authors decided to use. Since this method does not add the package to the database of installed programs, removing it later can be much more difficult.

Another difference is that a .deb specifies its dependencies, so proper installation can be guaranteed. As far as I know, in the Windows world an MSI cannot cause the installation of another MSI, so setup.exe is typically used for this kind of dependency tracking. Several comments note that MSIs can name dependencies, but since there is no central database of MSIs like there is for .deb packages, missing a dependency will just cause a failure to install.

Thus, a .deb is sort of in between an MSI installer and a setup.exe. The package can do whatever it wants during its pre- and post-installation hooks, can name and usually find its own dependencies, and leaves a record of its installation in a central location for ease of maintenance.

The Windows 10 Setup program, or setup.exe which is part of the installation media, supports a set of command line arguments. Using those arguments, you can modify the behavior of Windows installation. In this article we will review command line switches available for setup.exe in Windows 10. So, Setup.exe installs or upgrades Windows. The following command line arguments can be used to modify the behavior of Windows installation:

• Installation of BusinessObjects products and add-ons look like they do not run

• Checking in task manager, the setup.exe and setupengine.exe can be seen spawning for a few seconds before disappearing

Temp folder installation logs (see KBA 1801736) show the following errors:Error: Global Poco exception caughtError: Class name: class Poco::AssertionViolationExceptionError: Display text: Assertion violation: !_dirs.empty() in file ".\src\Path.cpp", line 518

Thanks for any insight. I am in the process of setting up our PROD and test environments for my company. Every so often I need to restore one of the environments from backup. For that I need to use the repository snapshot manager and the QLIKSense setup .exe. The problem is that some one on my team keeps removing the setup exe. So I need to download it again. The real problem is that I can never find the download for QLIK sense server on the QLIK site. I keep going to the download page and filling out the questionaire and it keeps giving me Qlik_Sense_Desktop_setup.exe. IN particular I am looking for 3.2 041b061a72

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...

Members

bottom of page